Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Post Installation Help
salongaopm
Hangin' Around

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 2:53 am Reply with quote

I have just finished installing rave phpnuke and activating Forum module. Now, when clicking the Post new topic, I am getting this message :

Sorry, that module file was not found.

Same message also appears when clicking the login or register link/button.

Any help will be greatly appeciated.

Thanks!

hitwalker
Sells PC To Pay For Divorce

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 5:21 am Reply with quote

is everything uploaded ?
any link to your site?

fkelly
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 7:02 am Reply with quote

Just to follow up. How did you "activate" the forum module? Did you go to your admin screen and to modules within that and select activate for forums? Did it give you a list of all your modules? Is this a new installation or an upgrade? I'm asking because you wouldn't have gotten to the admin screen if most of the files weren't uploaded and you wouldn't have gotten a list of modules unless the /html/modules directory was populated with modules. On the other hand, if you "activated" this some other way then there is a likelihood that the FTP process for uploading may not have succeeded. You would normally see the message you are seeing if html/modules/forums wasn't there. But if you are getting the same message on login then it's more likely your FTP process didn't complete. You could check the directory structure on your server versus what you unzipped on your local workstation, that would be a good first step.

salongaopm

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 10:52 am Reply with quote

Here's what happened.

1. I installed Raven phpnuke - a NEW installation.
2. I went to admin.php > Modules and select activate Forums.
And yes it gives me the list of all my modules
At first, i was getting error message whenever I click on the Forums under Modules Administration. Below is the error message:

phpBB : Critical Error

Could not open subSilver template config file

DEBUG MODE

Line : 494
File : functions.php

3. So, I re-uploaded the Theme Folder and it fixed the error message. But now, I am getting the "Sorry, that module file was not found." message.

I got the same message when i tried to Register or Login (main site, not forum) even before I activated the Forum module.

Below is the link to my site:
[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

Thanks for all the replies!

hitwalker

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 12:41 pm Reply with quote

did you deactivated your account?

salongaopm

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 1:52 pm Reply with quote

deactivated my account? which account? am i supposed to? where? I did not deactivated any account.

hitwalker

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 2:19 pm Reply with quote

well if i go to [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] it says module not active

salongaopm

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 2:55 pm Reply with quote

what do i need to activate it? I don'y see it in the list of modules. Below are the modules that I can see from the Administration page:

AvantGo
Content
Downloads
Encyclopedia
FAQ
Feedback
Forums

hitwalker

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 2:57 pm Reply with quote

you see this somewhere ?

Your_account <<< module

fkelly

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 3:19 pm Reply with quote

This sounds very much like the FTP process did not complete. You are not seeing a full list of modules. The reason we ask the question the way we did is because the administrative screen reads thru the /html/modules directory looking for modules files (not the database but the /modules directory where you've ftp'd the files to. So your post indicates that the full set did not get put on your server. You would be best off to go back and rerun the ftp and monitor the results. Your system will not work properly until you have everything on the server.

And we know that this can be frustrating but the success of the ftp process is something that's beyond our control. It depends on your ftp program AND the server you are connecting with AND your network. There are some threads about FTP in here and on some servers you can upload the zip file of the distribution and unzip it on the server, thus saving yourself from the vagaries of FTP (there is one file and it either gets there or it doesn't) but this depends on your server. Right now you'd be best off just trying to make your current approach work fully.

salongaopm

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 3:56 pm Reply with quote

hitwalker wrote:
you see this somewhere ?

Your_account <<< module

No, I cannot see that.

By the look of it, the uploading of files somehow was not completed. I will try to upload again the rest of the modules. I will post updates.

Thanks to everyone for the replies/help.

salongaopm

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 7:33 pm Reply with quote

Hi! I uploaded the missing modules. now, the "Sorry, that module file was not found" message is gone. But, how come when i login, it says that i am a newbie instead of an admin or moderator?

salongaopm

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 7:41 pm Reply with quote

got it...now i am an admin...thanks!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Post Installation Help

View next topic
View previous topic