Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Installation Help
salongaopm
Hangin' Around

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 4:02 am Reply with quote

I am trying to install Raven phpnuke. I went to setup and filled all the fields and then click update and got this message:

Congratualtions! Configuration has been completed. Please continue with the next step in your HowToInstall.

So, I opened another browser and went to [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] When I opened it, it gave me the following message:

"I detect some installation files still located in your INSTALLATION folder.

To continue would expose your site to damage.

You must either delete the INSTALLATION folder or rename it in order to proceed."

What do I do now?

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

hitwalker
Sells PC To Pay For Divorce

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 4:15 am Reply with quote

simple....
there are 2 files to run ...the actual install of the sql and the set up....
if everything is ok then you should delete the installation folder.
then go to admin.php Wink

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 6:17 am Reply with quote

There are also these instructions here on the same page that you might have missed:

Quote:
Once configuration is complete you should either remove the INSTALLATION folder (preferred) or at the least RENAME it (to something no-one can guess). You will not be able to access your site until you do, and, even more importantly, someone could use the installSQL.php to completely wipe out your RavenNuke(tm) site!

A setting has been added to the rnconfig.php file called $bypassInstallationFolderCheck and it is set to FALSE by default. By setting it to TRUE, you can bypass this safety check on the INSTALLATION folder. This should only be used (set to TRUE) when testing locally and not in a production environment.

salongaopm

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 12:37 pm Reply with quote

I change the name of the INSTALLATION folder. but, I got a blank page when i went to [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] . Am i supposed to do something first before going to [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] What is the next step after receiving the message below?

'Congratualtions! Configuration has been completed. Please continue with the next step in your HowToInstall.'

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

hitwalker

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 12:42 pm Reply with quote

listen..
the install basically covers 2 pages..
the first one is that all tables are installed....that includes the ravennuke core tables,the nsn groups tables, sentinel and ip2country tables etc...
you have done that ?

second....you go to the setup page where you have to fill in all your details and all your site stuff...name , title etc....password ,username.....etc...

did you do all the above ?

salongaopm

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 4:55 pm Reply with quote

Hi!

Thank you for your response. Yes I did all of that. The last thing that I did is the Setup/Configuration tool wherein I entered all my details that you've mentioned.

Reading the instructions, I seems to have completed the initial setup and configuration. It says that the next step is setting up other nuke configuration settings as well as Nuke Sentinel. That is where I went to [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] to Configure Base RavenNuke as per instructions. I followed the instructions but it seems that I missed something...and I don't know where.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Again!!!

hitwalker

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 4:58 pm Reply with quote

so whatever page you visit,all is blank?

salongaopm

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 5:14 pm Reply with quote

That is the only page that I've visited before changing the error reporting in the config.php to true. After turning it on, it gave me several error messages. I 've read somewhere in the forum that it has something to do with the theme missing. So, now I am uploading the whole Theme folder. I will post update once upload is completed. thanks for the reply!

hitwalker

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 5:21 pm Reply with quote

oh boy...
you didnt deleted the standard fisubice theme huh...

salongaopm

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 5:31 pm Reply with quote

i did not...do i need to delete it? is it too late to delete it. I just finished uploading the full theme folder.

hitwalker

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 5:33 pm Reply with quote

no...you shouldnt delete any themes..

salongaopm

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 5:35 pm Reply with quote

I can see the Administration System Login when i go to mydomain.com/admin.php. Is the standard fisubice theme something that I should delete first? what do i need to do now?

hitwalker

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 5:38 pm Reply with quote

no....
dont delete anything...
just go into your admin and play around, have fun....create things.....

salongaopm

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 5:40 pm Reply with quote

So,does it means that I've completed the installation of raven phpnuke? Do i have to worry about the standard fisubice theme? Any issue with it?

hitwalker

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 5:43 pm Reply with quote

yes...as login as you see everything and you can login your done...
you can only delete themes when you have set another one !
your site uses fisubice now....
i dont know what you wanna do with your site....so i guess you better start doing something... Wink

salongaopm

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 5:48 pm Reply with quote

ok. BIG THANKS!

hitwalker

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 5:50 pm Reply with quote

ok..good luck...

namaste

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 8:03 am Reply with quote

I am attempting to install RavenNuke but it appears I have not been able to get much beyond reading the Docs, and a few other first steps. I've created a database, user and pswd and granted full access to same. On completion of the u/l to my Server ( in folder public_html) of the items in the html folder, l pointer Firefox to the URL. With my best efforts I cannot get beyond these 2 Error messages;

>There seems to be a problem connecting to the MySQL server. MySQL is Reporting Access denied for user 'rnv220'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

SO, I then added the latter part of the route as noted below to the Address bar and then I get the second error msg / problem (cf. below). I attempted to work around this by accommodating that message by adding the User 'rnv220' with the pswd YES, but that just gives me a repeat of the results I've been getting. From my reading of the docs it would appear the User 'rnv220' would be something in an earlier 'fill in the Form' step provided to assist with installation. Albeit, Ravennuke and I are at loggerheads on this and without some assistance I'm not sure I can make any further progress. Except for my role as a weekend admin on a PHPNuke site where I have some hands-on experience with cPanel and its many features such as Files, Mail, Logs, Security, Databases, Software, I'm a blank slate with respect to scripts, etc. Appreciate ANY and ALL help those of you with the depth and span of knowledge of RavenNuke can offer. In advance, thank you.

>There seems to be a problem with the System Configuration Table - it's missing. If you are the System Administrator and installing this for the first time, did you remember to run the INSTALLATION/installSQL.php file?

2nd Error Msg.
MySQL Database Connectivity Test Results config.php file found! I was unable to reach your MySQL server using the MySQL connection settings in your nuke config.php file. The exact error that MySQL reported is:
MySQL Error # 2 = Access denied for user 'rnv220'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

evaders99
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 1:19 pm Reply with quote

The password: YES indicates that you are using a password ... not that the password itself is 'yes'. Your config.php password must match with the SQL user password.

Need help? Nuke Patched Core, Coding Services, Webmaster Services 
namaste

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 3:42 pm Reply with quote

Thank you for the reply. This was an attempt on my part to meet the requirements of the recurring problem/error msg. I am receiving. I have the rnv220 as one user plus my initial setup and both were given Full access to the database. Neither works in my changes to config. php.

Here's what one my Server in the config.php file and my problem as noted still persist.

// Database & System Config
//
// dbhost: SQL "localhost";
// dbuname: SQL "namaste";
// dbpass: SQL "mypassword";
// dbname: SQL "gnjtbjty_rnuke";
// $prefix: Your Database table's prefix
// $user_prefix: Your Users' Database table's prefix (To share it)
// $dbtype: Your Database Server type. Supported servers are:
// MySQL, mysql4, postgres, mssql, oracle, msaccess,
// db2 and mssql-odbc
// Be sure to write it exactly as above, case SeNsItIvE!

Gremmie
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 5:18 pm Reply with quote

Please don't double post namaste. As we said in the other thread, you need to change the settings in the un-commented out part of config.php.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Installation Help

View next topic
View previous topic