Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> General/Other Stuff
jjmusicpro
Involved
Involved

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 9:03 am Reply with quote

When I try to sign up for an account on my site, i get an _ERROR.
[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

Any ideas?

hitwalker
Sells PC To Pay For Divorce

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 6:42 pm Reply with quote

i dont see an error ,reg page shows normal.

jaded
Theme Guru

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 7:54 pm Reply with quote

A while back people would get an error message if they tried to sign up for an account on their website while they were logged in as admin. I do not know if this is your issue or not but it is worth looking into. Let us know if you still have this issue. Good luck.

Ghost Stories & More [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] 
jjmusicpro

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 9:35 am Reply with quote

hitwalker wrote:
i dont see an error ,reg page shows normal.

Yes, you can get to the Register page, fill out the info, then go to the next page where it says "confirm" etc. then after that page it says:

_ERROR

jjmusicpro

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 9:36 am Reply with quote

jaded wrote:
A while back people would get an error message if they tried to sign up for an account on their website while they were logged in as admin. I do not know if this is your issue or not but it is worth looking into. Let us know if you still have this issue. Good luck.

I logged out, cleared internet chache etc. Still same issue as above.

Thanks for the help. Laughing

jaded

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 9:53 am Reply with quote

Yes, I just tried and you are correct.
In order to help you we must know what version of nuke this is. What patches and or mods you have made to the site. What if any changes have you made to the your account module. Etc. Thanks

jaded

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 10:01 am Reply with quote

I believe that this is your issue.

Please go into your database and check that your nuke_users_temp table is actually there. I would be willing to bet that it is not. Is this a nuke 7.8 site by chance? At any rate, if that table is missing you will have to add it to your database. I believe that this will fix your problem.

Or it could be that the table is there but in the nuke_users_temp table it was set at 0 instead of auto-increment

This should be the correct table if you do not have it in your database.

Code:
CREATE TABLE nuke_users_temp ( 

user_id int(10) NOT NULL auto_increment,
  username varchar(25) NOT NULL default '',
  user_email varchar(255) NOT NULL default '',
  user_password varchar(40) NOT NULL default '',
  user_regdate varchar(20) NOT NULL default '',
  check_num varchar(50) NOT NULL default '',
  `time` varchar(14) NOT NULL default '',
  PRIMARY KEY  (user_id)
) TYPE=MyISAM;

jjmusicpro

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 10:33 am Reply with quote

jaded wrote:
I believe that this is your issue.

Please go into your database and check that your nuke_users_temp table is actually there. I would be willing to bet that it is not. Is this a nuke 7.8 site by chance? At any rate, if that table is missing you will have to add it to your database. I believe that this will fix your problem.

Or it could be that the table is there but in the nuke_users_temp table it was set at 0 instead of auto-increment

This should be the correct table if you do not have it in your database.

Code:
CREATE TABLE nuke_users_temp ( 

user_id int(10) NOT NULL auto_increment,
  username varchar(25) NOT NULL default '',
  user_email varchar(255) NOT NULL default '',
  user_password varchar(40) NOT NULL default '',
  user_regdate varchar(20) NOT NULL default '',
  check_num varchar(50) NOT NULL default '',
  `time` varchar(14) NOT NULL default '',
  PRIMARY KEY  (user_id)
) TYPE=MyISAM;

PERFECT THIS WORKED.

I had the TEMP table in there, so i dropped it, and recreated it with your code above!

THANKS!

jjmusicpro

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 11:08 am Reply with quote

NOw there seems to be a new problem.

SO now when i sign up, i can activate my account, it says I've activated it, but it wont show my account registered into the database.

So, I tried to make a new user, then activate that account through the admin panel, it says the account is activated, then when i go look at "latest member" or even sign in as that member it wont work.

Any ideas?

jaded

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 11:24 am Reply with quote

I just tried to sign up on your site but got no activation email. Without the email no one will actually be registered onto your site.

jaded

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 11:26 am Reply with quote

Posted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 1:24 pm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I just tried to sign up on your site but got no activation email. Without the email no one will actually be registered onto your site.

Additionally, as I asked before, what version of nuke is this? What patches are being used? What if any changes have you made to the your_account module? Was this a fresh install of nuke or an up/down grade?

I see that you have over 31,000 members so something was changed before the sites registration quit working. What has changed?

Last edited by jaded on Sun Apr 29, 2007 11:29 am; edited 1 time in total 
jjmusicpro

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 11:28 am Reply with quote

Where do find out what version of NUKE?
Everything was working fine, until i migrated the site to another server.

Seems i can change things blocks, message etc. but users etc wont work.

jaded

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 11:30 am Reply with quote

Look in your nuke_config table for the version. What other things besides the user registration does not work since this server move?

jjmusicpro

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 11:32 am Reply with quote

jaded wrote:
Posted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 1:24 pm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Additionally, as I asked before, what version of nuke is this? What patches are being used? What if any changes have you made to the your_account module? Was this a fresh install of nuke or an up/down grade?

I see that you have over 31,000 members so something was changed before the sites registration quit working. What has changed?

I even tried to manually register the person with the admin sign on, it says they are activated, it will give the whole "thank you for signging up, you may now login...." but when i try to, its not there, and i look in the DB and its not there

jaded

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 11:33 am Reply with quote

Look in your nuke_config table for the version. What other things besides the user registration does not work since this server move?

jjmusicpro

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 12:05 pm Reply with quote

jaded

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 12:07 pm Reply with quote

What other things besides the user registration does not work since this server move?

jjmusicpro

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 12:21 pm Reply with quote

That is all I've noticed so far.

jjmusicpro

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 12:33 pm Reply with quote

I cant send mass emails either...

jaded

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 12:34 pm Reply with quote

A few things that I notice right off by looking at your [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] It seems that no files have been altered since December except that you attempted to install Sentinel on 4-13-07. Is that about the time that the registration stopped working??? Have you done anything else at all to this site since the last time that it did work??

Please answer both of those questions. Thanks

jjmusicpro

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 12:38 pm Reply with quote

jaded wrote:
A few things that I notice right off by looking at your [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] It seems that no files have been altered since December except that you attempted to install Sentinel on 4-13-07. Is that about the time that the registration stopped working??? Have you done anything else at all to this site since the last time that it did work??

Please answer both of those questions. Thanks

Yes, that is around the date when it stopped working I belive.
I didn't notice it until sometime later.
- Well I've moved this site 2 times, i moved it to a VPS server, and for some reason, the members, and whos online would not show. However, you were able to sign up, but sometimes would not get the email. So, I would go in a manually do it myself.

Now, since I moved it to my dedicated server, the whos online etc. works, but he emails being sent, etc. dont work.

I have not tired to install anything other then nuke sent. again., since then.

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 5:43 am Reply with quote

Ok, hopefully your dedicated server is still "managed" by the hosting company right? The reason I ask this is that it sounds to me like they have not configured PHP mail to work properly. I would open a ticket with them to fix that.

gregexp
The Mouse Is Extension Of Arm

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 6:34 am Reply with quote

Have you tested mail functions, if php mail function was not compiled into php, the I do believe that the mail function would not exist, there are ways to check that, but first I would ask that you know a decent amount about ssh before aproaching the solution. easyapache is a DANGEROUS tool but very helpfull if you are informed enough about it, if you have a whm/cpanel installation, I'm not sure if its offered by Plesk, but either way, there should be a link to apache software which is an easier, less dangerous interface with easyapache and could probably help your plite, Now, dont even look in those places until you make sure mail does NOT function on the server at all.

If the server is NOT managed, I sudjest you read or pay someone to manage your server. You will see Less downtime and a Lot more functionality with someone with experience.

I tried to fill you in about the clues, where to start looking, but unless you know what you are doing DO NOT CHANGE ANYTHING!!!! the reason is everything I have informed you of can and will recompile apache if you alter ANYTHING.

And in doing so will take your sites offline if you accidently do something you should not have done.

There are other possible problems.

Other problems (I can think of off the top of my head):

Swap(mem storage in Linux env): gets full due to low size(on reboot its empty)
/var: your mysql/log folder, if this gets full for any reason, it can result in mysql having problems creating a situation where nothing can be written to the table and therefore script cannot go further.

Servers exim is misconfigured, thats a possible problem that I wouldnt recomend you alter at all without really knowing its the problem

Script was not ftp'd properly
Tables were not imported properly.

There are more, those are the possible problems off the top of my head with many more pouring in every second.

Investigate, let us know if problems continue, and if you would like, I could ssh into the server(think carefully, I would need root) and I would be happy to check the servers setup and let you know of any problems I see.

quick mail checks:

ssh into your server, run this:
[shell]echo 'ALERT - Root Shell Access of Server on:' `date` `who` | mail -s "Alert: Root Access from `who | awk '{print $6}'`" [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

[shell]exim -bt [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]-make sure e-mail is hosted by your server(helpfull to know if exim can process your e-mails).

[shell]df
output will tell you your partitions and let you know if something is full.

php:

Code:

<?php

mail('you@yourdomain.com','testing','Hello testing this');
echo "Check your e-mail";
?>

Make sure you save that to a file, upload it and simply visit the link.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 6:41 am Reply with quote

im sure jjmusicpro appreciates all the help and feedback but this is going on at 2 topics now.
meaning this one were in and here : [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

keep in mind his knowledge isnt of that level that he can do as you suggested darklord.
also jaded already said and proved the server can send mail as the feedback mod works.

jaded

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 7:00 am Reply with quote

Sorry, I meant to post here a link to the new topic. I see that I forgot.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> General/Other Stuff

View next topic
View previous topic